Section 152 of the electricity act, 2003 tells about If any consumer or person who committed an offense of electricity theft, has admitted the offense then FIR lodged on him can be quenched after depositing the amount described below.in this article, we will tell you all about Compounding Charges for Theft of Electricity.
Section 152 (Compounding of offenses)
(1) Notwithstanding anything contained in the Code of Criminal Procedure 1973, the Appropriate Government or any officer authorized by it on this behalf may accept from any consumer or person who committed or who is reasonably suspected of having committed an
the offense of theft of electricity punishable under this Act, a sum of money by way
of compounding of the offense as specified in the table below:
Compounding Charges for Theft of Electricity
The rate at which the sum of money for Compounding to be collected per Kilowatt(KW)/Horse Power(HP) or part thereof for Low Tension (LT) supply and per Kilo Volt Ampere(KVA) of contracted demand for High Tension (HT).
|Domestic||i) 2000 rupes for 1 kW|
|ii) 4000 rupees / kW for > 1 kW|
|Commercial||10000 rupees / kW|
|Agricultural||2000 rupees/ kW|
|Industrial||20000 rupees/ kW|
|Other||4000 rupees/ kW|
- Industrial Service twenty thousand rupees;
- Commercial Service ten thousand rupees;
- Agricultural Service two thousand rupees;
- Other Services four thousand rupees
Provided that the Appropriate Government may, by notification in the
Official Gazette, amend the rates specified in the table above
(2) On payment of the sum of money in accordance with subsection (1), any person in custody in connection with that offense shall be set at liberty, and no proceedings shall be instituted or continued against such consumer or person in any criminal court.
(3) The acceptance of the sum of money for compounding an offense in accordance with subsection (1) by the Appropriate Government or an officer empowered in this behalf shall be deemed to amount to an acquittal within the meaning of section 300 of the Code of Criminal
The procedure, 1973.
(4)The Compounding of an offense under subsection (1) shall be allowed only once for any person or consumer.
Download electricity act 2003 with all amendment
2 thoughts on “Compounding Charges for Theft of Electricity”